S.S.A.A. (Vic) Single Action Shooting Club
Contact: Buck Silverton Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
MEMBERSHIP APPLICATION PROCESS & CONDITIONS
1. FILL OUT APPLICATION FORM
2.APPLICANTS WILL BE INVITED TO MEET THE COMMITTEE. THIS WILL USUALLY TAKE PLACE IN THE CLUB ROOMS AT EAGLE PARK, FOLLOWING THE MONTHLY CLUB COMP (3rd SUNDAY).
3. APPLICATIONS MUST BE APPROVED BY VICTORIA POLICE BEFORE CLUB MEMBERSHIP IS FINALLY CONFIRMED.
4. ALL APPLICANTS MUST JOIN AND MAINTAIN FINANCIAL MEMBERSHIP OF
SSAA (Vic) AND SINGLE ACTION SHOOTING AUSTRALIA (SASA)
- SSAA (Vic) IS OUR PARENT BODY. WE ARE GOVERNED BY ITS RULES OF INCORPORATION.
- SASA IS THE AUSTRALIA-WIDE VOICE OF SINGLE ACTION. IT CONTROLS YOUR ALIAS REGISTRATION WHICH ALLOWS YOU TO COMPETE IN INTER-CLUB, STATE AND NATIONAL MATCHES.
- SASS (SINGLE ACTION SHOOTING SOCIETY (USA)) IS THE INTERNATIONL ‘PARENT’ OF SINGLE ACTION. WE SHOOT UNDER SASS RULES. MEMBERSHIP OF SASS (USA) IS OPTIONAL.
5. IT IS A CONDITION OF MEMBERSHIP THAT YOU WILL AT ALL TIMES KEEP THE CLUB INFORMED OF THE DETAILS OF ALL HANDGUNS YOU OWN AND/OR POSSESS.
6. THE CLUB MEMBERSHIP YEAR IS 1st of JULY TO 30th of JUNE. PART YEAR IS PRO RATA BY QUARTERS
THIS FORM (COMPLETED) TOGETHER WITH THE REQUIRED JOINING FEES MUST BE RETURNED TO THE CLUB SECRETARY OR MAILED TO THE ADDRESS SHOWN ABOVE.
IF THIS FORM IS NOT COMPLETED FULLY AND WITH ALL REQUIRED ATTACHMENTS, IT WILL BE RETURNED
HOW TO FILL OUT YOUR LITTLE RIVER RAIDERS MEMBERSHIP APPLICATION FORM
1. ALL SECTIONS OF THE FORM MUST BE FILLED OUT AND SIGNED
2. TWO REFERENCES MUST BE PROVIDED IN WRITING AND BE CONTACTABLE
3. JUNIORS (UNDER 18 YEARS) MUST ATTACH THE WRITTEN PERMISSION OF THEIR PARENT/GUARDIAN GIVING THEIR APPROVAL FOR THE JUNIOR TO JOIN THE CLUB AND TO SHOOT FIREARMS.
Note: Juniors must always be in the direct care of their parent or authorised guardian when on the range. The Club is not responsible for the management and care of juniors.
4. YOU WILL FIND A SASA APPLICATION FORM ATTACHED. FILL IT OUT AND SEND IT TO SASA WITH THE APPROPRIATE FEES. DO NOT RETURN IT TO US.
WHAT HAPPENS AFTER YOUR MEMBERSHIP IS APPROVED
If you are already a handgun licence holder and handgun owner, then your ‘participation’ requirements will continue as before.
If you are new to the sport, wanting to acquire a handgun licence, and progress to ownership of your own handguns, then there are a number of procedures to follow.
1. After joining the Club (your membership will not start until Victoria Police approval has been given) you may apply for a provisional handgun licence (duration 6 or 12 months). You cannot own a handgun under this licence, but you can shoot under Club direction.
2. You must within 3 months of joining the Club complete the Basic Firearms Safety Course (Handguns), and Basic Firearms Safety Course (Long-arms). The Club will assist you in arranging for these courses. Prior to completing those courses, for reasons of safety, the Club will not permit you to shoot in competition.
3. You have to be a Club member for at least 6 months before you will be eligible to apply for a Category H Handgun Licence. You must also have participated in at least 5 Club competitions in the 6 months preceding your application for a Category H Handgun Licence. These are requirements of the Firearms Act 1996.
4. Only then will the Club give its endorsement to your Handgun licence application.
5. In the first 6 months of your Category H Handgun Licence you may only own one handgun (.22 or Centrefire up to .38).
6. The Club will not give its endorsement for you to acquire a handgun until we have inspected and approved your firearms storage facilities. Install your storage facilities sooner rather than later, and let us know so we can inspect them.
7. To use handguns from the holster, you must first have completed a Holster Qualification Course which is conducted by the Club, with endorsement being granted by Single Action Shooting Australia (SASA). This course will acquaint you with the pros and cons of safely handling handguns from the holster.